West 11th Avenue near Garfield
14th and Pearl Street
12th and High Street
Susan Greenwalt Wilson established the Indoor Garden as a retail indoor plant store in a small duplex in 1972. In 1973, Don Suva joined the business and retired in 2006. In 1974 we moved the store to a large, beautiful historic duplex. Then in 1979, we moved yet again, to a wonderful building at 1915 West 11th, that we remodeled into a light filled space. In 1984, the Indoor Garden became a corporation, Garden Interiors, Inc. Greg Wilson joined the firm in 1991, and quickly became manager, bringing enthusiasm and bonsai knowledge to the business. The retail store earned an excellent reputation for outstanding customer service, quality and selection. In Aug. 2007, after 35 years of retail, we closed that portion of our business, and now we can concentrate all our attention on interior plantscaping.
The Indoor Garden was pictured in two books: Ortho's Complete Guide to Houseplants and Keep Your Bonsai Alive and Well.
The interior plantscaping branch of the Indoor Garden began in 1974, and grew steadily. Clients recognized that the quality they saw and the customer service that they received in the retail store carried over to the plant maintenance side. After closing the retail store, we moved our operation to a small office and warehouse space, and are no longer open to the public. We continue to provide our clients with the best quality plants we can find, and want to insure that customer service remains our highest priority.